Welcome to the Ridgeway Benefice Welcome to the Ridgeway Benefice web site, for news and events about the Parishes of Holy Cross Chiseldon with Draycot Foliat, Ogbourne St Andrew with Rockley and Ogbourne St George. The Ridgeway Benefice is in the Marlborough Deanery in the Diocese of Salisbury, part of the world wide Anglican Communion.
Sunday 22 January 2017, Epiphany 3
- 08.30am, Holy Communion (BCP), St Andrew
- 09.30am, Morning Worship, St George
- 10.30am, Methodist Covenant Service, Holy Cross
Collect: Almighty God, whose Son revealed in signs and miracles the wonder of your saving presence: renew your people with your heavenly grace, and in all our weakness sustain us by your mighty power; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who is alive and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
(Readings: Isaiah 9:1-4; Psalm 27: 1, 4-12; 1 Corinthians 1: 10-18; Matthew 4: 12-23, these readings may differ for individual churches.)
There is a said communion service at Chiseldon Church Hall on Wednesday 25th January 2017 at 10.00am.
On this week:
Listening Skills Course (Part 1), Tuesday 24th January, 7.30pm-9.00pm, Chiseldon Church Hall. Part 2 is on Tuesday 31st January.
Baptisms, Weddings or Funerals in the Benefice.
- Thanksgiving Service for Sue Hardwick, Tuesday 24th January, 2.00pm, Holy Cross Chiseldon.
- Thanksgiving Service for Bob Curnick, Monday 6th February, 3.00pm, Ogbourne St Andrew.
- Funeral of Brenda Murphy, Saturday 11th February, 1.00pm, Ogbourne St George.
On this month:
- The Care System - Protecting your Assets:
Graham Fuller, Head of Private Client of Devizes based Law Firm, Awdry Bailey & Douglas, is coming to St Mary's Church, Marlborough on Thursday 26 January at 12.30pm to give a talk that will address some issues, specifically: The care fees rules, how to use your will to shelter assets from care fees and maintaining control of decisions with Powers of Attorney. The talks, generally run for 20 to 30 minutes on an informal basis with an opportunity for questions and answers. Free entry.
Save the Date
- Ash Wednesday is the 1st March.
- 1st March, Lent Lunch, Chiseldon Church Hall.
- Mothering Sunday is the 26th March.
- The Friends of Holy Cross have a new website with information of events, the address is: www.friendsohc.org.uk
If you would like to receive The Diocesan ebulletin please subscribe using the following here
If you would like to receive the Diocesan Grapevine bulletin, please subscribe here
Rector: Reverend Roger Powell (01793 740369) Exploring faith Matters|Email Roger Here
Lay Minister: Tim Ormond
Also Chiseldon Methodist Church - Minister Reverend Tony Barnes 01793 617495.
For the web site of the Ridgeway Churches of Hereford Diocese click here.
Any errata or new content that you want to be added about groups and events within the Benefice, links to other web sites etc. should be emailed by clicking here.
This page was last modified on 19 January 2017, it has been accessed 126,738 times.