Welcome to the Ridgeway Benefice Welcome to the Ridgeway Benefice web site, for news and events about the Parishes of Holy Cross Chiseldon with Draycot Foliat, Ogbourne St Andrew with Rockley and Ogbourne St George. The Ridgeway Benefice is in the Marlborough Deanery in the Diocese of Salisbury, part of the world wide Anglican Communion.
Sunday 23 October 2016, The Last Sunday after Trinity
- 08.30am, Holy Communion (BCP), St Andrew
- 09.30am, Morning Worship, St George
- 10.30am, Parish Communion (in the Methodist tradition), Holy Cross
Collect: Blessed Lord, who caused all holy Scriptures to be written for our learning: help us so to hear them, to read, mark, learn and inwardly digest them that, through patience, and the comfort of your holy word, we may embrace and for ever hold fast the hope of everlasting life, which you have given us in our Saviour Jesus Christ, who is alive and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
(Readings: Ecclesiasticus 35: 12-17 or Jeremiah 14: 7-10, 19-end; Psalm 84: 1-7; 2 Timothy 4: 6-8, 16-18; Luke 18: 9-14, these readings may differ for individual churches.)
There is a said communion service at Chiseldon Church on Wednesday 26th October at 10.00am.
On this week:
- Ogbourne St George Harvest Supper, Friday 21 October, 7.30pm, Parklands Hotel.
Baptisms, Weddings and Funerals in the Benefice
- Funeral of Colin Wodhams, Friday 21st October, 1.30pm, Holy Cross Chiseldon.
Safeguarding. The Diocesan Safeguarding Management Group has recently approved a new Safeguarding Complaints Policy for anyone who wishes to make a complaint about a member of the clergy, a licensed, authorised or commissioned lay person or a church officer. The policy is now available on the website here :
There is a copy of the policy at the back of each church or on the noticeboard.
Save the Date:
- All Souls Day Service, Wednesday 2nd November, 10.00am, Chiseldon Church. Please put names to be remembered on list in church.
- Armistice Day Service, Friday 11th November, 10.45am, War Memorial, New Road, Chiseldon.
- Local History Exhibition & Christmas Fair, Saturday 10th December, 10.00am-3.00pm, Ogbourne St Andrew Church. Admission free.
- Deanery Bite-Size Learning Programme. Details for this term are in the October edition of The Ridgeway Bell.
If you would like to receive The Diocesan ebulletin please subscribe using the following here
If you would like to receive the Diocesan Grapevine bulletin, please subscribe here
Rector: Reverend Roger Powell (01793 740369) Exploring faith Matters|Email Roger Here
Lay Minister: Tim Ormond
Also Chiseldon Methodist Church - Minister Reverend Tony Barnes 01793 617495.
For the web site of the Ridgeway Churches of Hereford Diocese click here.
Any errata or new content that you want to be added about groups and events within the Benefice, links to other web sites etc. should be emailed by clicking here.
This page was last modified on 21 October 2016, it has been accessed 109,755 times.